Monday, June 17, 2013

Plarn Bag

One day I got into plarn, which if you don't know what that is you should really look into it of you want to expand your crocheting to greater fields, and decided that I wanted a shoulder bag. None of the patterns that I found online were suitable for my needs so I decided to create my own. Since I wrote this pattern without the idea that I would share it, some parts might not make too much sense but feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to help you out as best as I can. ;)

Plarn Bag

 

-First you are going to have to create your plarn. There are many good articles and videos online on how to do this so I am not going to say it all again. Once you do that, then proceed.

For that bag I used two different colors of bags, traditional brown bags and then white bags. When I connected the loops of bag to make the plarn I just used one entire white bag and then one entire brown bag, so then it looked like variegated yarn. Then I just crocheted the pattern like normal.

-Chain 41.
-1 sc in second chain from hook and in each ch across. 2 sc in same st (so three altogether in the very first ch) and 39 sc across the back of the ch, with two in the last st (so three altogether in that one). (82 sc)
-40 sc, inc, 40 sc, inc. (84 sc)
-41 sc, inc, 31 sc, inc. (86 sc)
-42 sc, inc, 42 sc, inc, 2 sc. (90 sc)

For the rest of the bag you alternate between a) and then b)
a) 2 rows of *ch 3, sk sc, sc* around
b) 4 rows of sc around

Make it so it is as long as you want and then decide on what kind of handle (length and width) you want and attach your plarn to one side of the bag. Sc in the number of stitches that you want your handle to be wide and then ch 1, turn, and sc across until the handle is as long as you want it. Sl st to other side of bag.

I would love to see pictures of the designs you come up with based on this pattern. You can make this and do what you will with it but please just send the credit here and refer people here to get their own copy of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment